Beef Noodle Soup
- 2-3 lb. beef roast
- Salt and pepper 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- ½ teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped 24 oz goof quality egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Trim any large fat pieces from the roast and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Add oil to a large pot or Dutch oven over high heat. Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Once oil is hot, add beef to the pot and sear on all sides.
- Stier in the beef broth, onion soup mix, rosemary, thyme and garlic cloves. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Add mushroom soup, celery and carrots and cook for another 20 minutes. Add egg noodles and cook for 5-10 minutes until tender. Stir in sauteed mushrooms before serving, if desired. Leftover soup will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.