Deep-Dish Beef ‘n’ Bean Taco Pizza
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water (120° to 130°), divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound ground beef1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine 2-1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, salt and yeast. In another bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups warm water and honey. Gradually add dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover; let rest 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir beef, crumbling meat, until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and remaining water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Press dough to fit a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine beans and taco sauce; spread over dough. Top with beef mixture and cheese. Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden and cheese is melted, 15-18 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.