Zucchini Burrito Boats
- 3 zucchinis, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb ground beef
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides, reserving them for later. Place zucchini halves cut side-up into bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish and drizzle with 1 table spoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until zucchini turns bright green and is jst begging to soften, 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and reserved zucchini and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and paprika, then season with salt and pepper. Stir in black beans, cherry tomatoes, and corn.
- Spoon beef mixture into zucchini then top with cheeses. Bake until zucchini is just tender and chesses are melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro before serving.