Asian Steak Bites
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- Marinate the beef. In a medium size bowl, combine the beef with all the marinade ingredients together. Set aside while preparing the sauce and heating up the wok or skillet.
- Prepare the sauce. In a small bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients together and set aside until ready to add to steak bites.
- Cook the steak bites. Heat a wok or non-stick skillet over high heat until hot. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil or sesame oil to it. Add the marinated beef to the wok and arrange in a single layer. Sear for a minute before tossing then continue cooking for another 2 minutes, tossing a couple times, until the steak bites look almost charred. This is for medium-rare, if you prefer it medium, just cook it a minute or so longer.
- Add the sauce. Pour the sauce over the steak bites and cook for another minute while tossing then remove the wok from heat.
- Garnish and serve. Serve immediately garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.