Beef Pad Thai
- 8 ounces pad Thai rice noodles, preferably brown rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups stringless snap peas
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- ½ cup pad Thai sauce
- Chopped peanuts and lime wedges for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid and drain the noodles.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add snap peas, carrots and scallions, and cook, stirring often, until the peas are bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sauce, the noodles and about half of the reserved cooking liquid; stir with tongs to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, adding more of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten of necessary and stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Serve hot chopped peanuts and lime wedges.