Broccoli Chicken Divan
- 4 chicken breasts about 2 pounds (or 3 cups cooked chicken), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil if using raw chicken breasts
- 1 ½-2 pounds broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 10 ½ ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 can (or cream of chicken soup)
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard powder, and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- breadcrumb topping
- 3 Tablespoons Panko bread crumbs or buttery crackers (like Ritz crackers)
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish (or a 3 quart casserole dish).
- If using raw chicken breasts, in a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high. Add the chicken pieces and cook until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in a large pot boiling water and cook 2-3 minutes or just until tender crisp. Drain well and put in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup, sour cream, milk, and seasonings. Stir in chicken and spread on top of broccoli in baking or casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned and the mixture is bubbly and hot.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes, as desired.