Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or less, to taste
- 1/2 tsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 lbs. steak strip steak, sirloin, ribeye, etc.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic finely minced or grated
- minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Slice steak into roughly 2" pieces and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning blend ingredients, then add to the mixing bowl with the steak bites and toss to combine well.
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet over MED HIGH heat. Do this while the skillet is dry, and heat for several minutes, or until you see wisps of smoke.
- Add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add about half the steak (adding less steak if the skillet isn’t very big – making sure not to overcrowd the skillet).
- Sear for 2 minutes without flipping, then flip over and sear another 2 minutes, until well browned. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining vegetable oil and steak bites.
- Reduce heat to MED LOW and use the same skillet (don’t wash it – you want all that flavor!), and add butter. Once melted, add garlic and cook about 30 seconds or so, using a wooden spoon to scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat, add steak bites back to the skillet and stir well to combine with the garlic butter.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with minced fresh parsley..