Cornbread Chicken Bake
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups cubed cornbread
- 8 bread slices, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until a thermometer reads 165°, 12-14 minutes. Drain and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 45 minutes.