- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 package of smoked polish sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all -purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans, with liquid
- 1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chilies, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet corn, with liquid
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy in a large pot. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Add the sausage to pot drippings and brown on both sides, adjusting heat as needed so fond (brown bits on the bottom of the pot) does not burn
- Remove to the plate with bacon; set aside.
- Add beef, onion, and garlic to the pot and brown until the beef is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle flour, salt, pepper, and chili powder over beef.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, baked beans, green chilies, sweet corn, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and water.
- Bring to a boil then immediately reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add additional water if stew is too thick.