Creamy Basil Skillet Pork Chops
- 1 pounds thin boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion finely minced
- 3-4 ounces roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a large non stick pan on medium-medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, then sear, 4-5 minutes on each side, until just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoons butter. Add onion, garlic, peppers, paprika, red chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Saute for about five minutes, until onions and peppers are softened.
- Add wine to deglaze the skillet and bring to a gentle simmer until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add cream to the skillet and stir until a creamy sauce forms. Add Parmesan, stir until melted into sauce. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Stir in basil, simmer until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Add pork chops back to the skillet, allow to warm up if needed. Serve.