Green Chicken Chili Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3 cups chicken stock, depending on how you plan to cook it (see instructions)
- 1 (14 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde
- 1 (4 oz) cangreen chilis
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast, 2-inch cubed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and sauté the onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 more minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, using 3 cups of chicken stock (except the lime juice) to the pot.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in lime juice and serve with avocado and cilantro.