Ground Beef Fettucine Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 package (8ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup whipping cream or half and half
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until the meat is browned
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and water. Cook until some of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream, Parmesan cheese and fettuccine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley.