Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted bu8tter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water 9or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or any white vinegar).
- Preheat oven broiler (or grill) on medium – high heat. Season chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder just before cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium high heat until hot. Sear chops on both sides until golden and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes each side). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to a medium. Melt butter in the same pan, scrapping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the honey, water and vinegar. Increase heat to medium – high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thickens slightly (about 3-4 minutes), while stirring occasionally.
- Add pork back into the pan, baste generously with the sauce and broil/grill for 1-2 minutes or until edges are slightly charred.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta or with a salad.