- 4 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, salsa, egg, soup mix, taco seasoning and 1 cup cheese.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into a 12-in. loaf. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with additional salsa.