Oven Baked Beef Taquitos
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, plus additional for greasing the taquitos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup refried beans (either store-bough or homemade)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to a 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Lightly oil the parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add beef and cook until no longer pink, about 4-6 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minutes. Shut off the heat, and let cool slightly before transferring the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the refried beans and shredded cheese to the bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Warm tortillas up either in a hot cast iron-skillet or in the microwave until malleable. Place 1 tortilla down on a flat surface and fill it with about ¼ cup of the beef mixture off to the side. Roll up the tortilla tightly and place it, seam side down on the baking sheet. Continue until all of the filling has been used up.
- Lightly oil the tops of the tortillas.
- Bake on the lowest rack in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway though, until the tortillas are lightly crisp and the filling is melty.
- Serve taquitos as desired with optional garnishes of chopped lettuce, tomatoes, queso fresco, cilantro and hot sauce!