Pork Shoulder Steaks
- 4-5 pork shoulder steaks
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup flavorful lager (pilsner)
- ½ tbsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp dried oregano or 3- 4 springs fresh
- Take the marinated steaks out the fridge and let them come to room temperature.
- Heat your grill to medium-high (about 400 F for gas or 375 F for charcoal, coals will have a faint coat of ash). If using a grill-pan on the stove top heat it over medium-high heat.
- Scrape off the marinade from the steaks and discard it. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on how thick they are until the internal temperature reaches 145 F. For well done cook the to 160F. Season with salt and pepper a little before you flip them (the first side) and a few minutes before you remove them from the grill (the other side). Juices should run clear.
- Let the steaks rest, loosely tented with foil (optional) for 3-5 minutes before slicing.