Slow Cooked Summer Beef Casserole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/3 lbs. beef stew meat
- 2 tbsp plain/all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic-peeled and minced
- 11 oz (or a little under 1.5 cups) Guinness or other ale
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 1 red bell pepper – chopped
- 1 green bell pepper – chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped into chunks
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Heat the oil on a medium – high heat in a Dutch oven or other heavy based pan. Place the beef in a bowl or bag and add the flour, salt and pepper.
- Toss together to coat, then add the beef to the pan. Brown the meat all over (should take about 6-8 minutes).
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for one minute, then add the Guinness and stock.
- Bring to the boil, stir and place a lid on the pan. Place in the oven and cook for 3 hours (check every hour and top up with splash of water if it starting to look a little dry).
- After 3 hours add in the chopped peppers and zucchini. Place the lid on and place back in the oven for 5 minutes. This should ensure the veg stays crunchy but it’s warmed through.