Smoky Chipotle Pot Roast
- Chuck roast boneless (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle Chile powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- Press chili powder evenly onto all surfaces of beef chuck roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- One tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce may be substituted for chipotle Chile powder. Rub peppers evenly onto all surfaces of roast as above.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork tender,
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return liquid to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups.
- Carve roast into thin slices; top with sauce.