Southwest Style Skillet Pork Chops
- 4 large shoulder pork chops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (14.5 ounces each) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounces) can mild chopped green chile peppers
- 2 large onions (quartered and sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dust the pork chops lightly with the flour.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the pork chops and cook until they are browned on both sides. Add 1/2 cup water or broth, the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover tightly and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes longer, until pork chops are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!