Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 4-6 poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roeasted tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups grated Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cups fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- Slice the poblano peppers in half and remove the seeds and membrane. Rub with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes until softened.
- While the peppers are baking, heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and spices cooking and breaking up with a spoon until the meat is cooked through and browned.
- Add the cooked rice, beans, corn and half of the cheese. Stir well, then divide evenly between the roasted poblano pepper halves. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until heated all the way though and the cheese is melted on top. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.